Most people get worried at the thought of getting their wisdom tooth removed. Though the process is simple and requires very less effort from the patient during the procedure. It is after the Wisdom Teeth removal Melbourne procedure, when great care is required to keep the spot clean and free from any infections. Especially, the first week of recovery is highly critical, when the patients are more prone to any problems.
Here we have presented a few Home Care instructions that will provide you with a speedy recovery.
- Bite the gauze for about two hours. Change the gauze after every 20 minutes or till it is soaked down with blood or saliva. The bleeding from the surgical area would usually stop somewhere between 2 to 6 hours, but don’t worry, if bleeding continues even after the aforesaid time. Take ample rest on the first day of the wisdom teeth removal, by elevating your head with two pillows.
- Apply ice packs on the affected area, for the first 36 hours. Following the cheap wisdom teeth removal, you are allowed to apply heat to the enflamed area only after 5 days or after the swelling disappear.
- Rinse your mouth only after 24 hours with lukewarm water or salt water. Avoid Swishing or spitting out aggressively. Fill your mouth with water and turn your head sideways allowing the water to move from one side of the mouth to the other in a gentle way. Let the water to flow on to the sink, after you are done. Remember, don’t spit. You may repeat this a few times during the day, until you get a complete healing.
- Take ample diet that will speed up the healing process. Focus on consuming food that does not require much chewing, Avoid straws! You can resume back to normal diet after the 7th day of your wisdom teeth removal Melbourne. Here are some suggested foods –
- Fruit smoothie
- Potatoes mashed up
- Lot of water
Your expert dentist Melbourne will guide you with more food options that will boost a speedy recovery.
- Consume medicines regularly. Get the prescribed medicines and take them as instructed by the cheap dentist Melbourne in the said gaps.
- Your stitches will fall after 2 days. It is okay, if they fall even before this time. So, there’s nothing to worry. But, if the stitches are still in their place even after one week, then you must talk to your dentist immediately and get an appointment to remove them.
The healing process differs from person to person and on the complexity of the case. Hence, follow the instructions provided by the dentist and the above tips for a speedy recovery. With the wisdom teeth removal cost getting more and more affordable these days, there are many dentists who offer the treatment procedure. Therefore, look for the expert dentists with latest equipment in their clinic, for a more comfortable procedure and fast recovery.
Tags: Tooth Care Tips
, Wisdom Tooth Removal