Most teenagers and adults experience the arrival of the third molars between the ages of 14 to 25. Although not all wisdom teeth should be removed, those which are likely to cause problems in the future are often suggested for extraction by the dentist. The most common reasons for wisdom teeth removal Melbourne includes
- Cyst, tumour or other pathology forming around the wisdom teeth
- Wisdom tooth decay or gum disease
- Chronic infection of the gum tissues around the wisdom teeth area
- Crowding of teeth
- Prevention of orthodontic relapse following braces
- impacted on malpositioned wisdom teeth
Your dentist before removal of wisdom teeth Melbourne will recommend a proper evaluation with x-rays or CT scan as needed.
Wisdom teeth removal is a minor procedure, and it should be planned considering all the necessary preparations and accommodations necessary to make the removal experience as smooth and comfortable as possible. Your dentist will take care of these while you should take steps to minimise your dental anxiety.
- Schedule your procedure when you will be able to take complete rest for at least three days or until you recover completely.
- Plan to see your surgeon before the procedure in order to receive all the required information and answers for the questions you might have about the procedure.
- Do not plan to travel for a week after the procedure.
- Be on soft food diet for a few days following the treatment.
- Most patients claim to experience some post-operative discomfort for which your dentist will prescribe you some pain relievers and antibiotics.
- If you are a sports person, or the one who does regular workout discuss it with your surgeon at your initial consultation. He will suggest you for how long you should hold on to it.
- Anaesthesia will be admitted during the procedure. So your procedure will be comfortable and easy so do not be panic of undergoing it.
- Tell your surgeon your complete medical history which he will review during the consultation. If you have any medical conditions or if you are under some medication it is important to discuss it with your surgeon beforehand.
- Follow all the pre and post-operative instructions given to you in order to ensure the best experience possible.
One of the biggest concerns patients have regarding their recommended wisdom teeth removal is the cost of the surgery. While all the patients want to do the best thing possible to maintain their oral health, financial concerns influence greatly on the decision to proceed with the required treatment. The dentist in Sydney does affordable wisdom teeth removal cost Melbourne. They aim to provide high-quality services at an affordable price without compromising on excellence and latest technologies.
So why do you wait for more? Go for wisdom teeth removal Melbourne to enjoy no surprise bills at the end of treatment!
Tags: wisdom teeth removal Melbourne